Chelsea are reportedly interested in bringing Manchester City winger – Riyad Mahrez to Stamford Bridge in the coming summer transfer window.
The Algerian skillful winger has been in good form this season, scoring 21 goals in all competitions, including 10 goals with 4 assists in 21 league games for the Manchester club. And with Chelsea looking to strengthen their attacking department for next season, the Blues are reportedly looking to lure the 31-year-old left-footer to Stamford Bridge next summer.
However, Chelsea already has many attacking talents in their squad, and with the potential addition of Mahrez to the squad next season, a few attackers could struggle for playing time. And we want to look at those Blues players who could be affected by his potential signing next season.
1. Christian Pulisic: Pulisic has failed to secure his spot in Thomas Tuchel’s starting lineup at Chelsea and he has struggled to get enough game time under the German boss due to some injury set-backs he has faced in recent months, and he could see his game time further reduced if Mahrez eventually joins Chelsea.
2. Timo Werner: Werner was signed as a striker, but he has been playing as a winger or an attacking midfielder in recent months. He has struggled for game time under Tuchel and he could be affected by Mahrez’s arrival.
3. Hudson-Odoi: Hudson-Odoi has not been to secure his spot in the Chelsea starting lineup for some years now since making his senior debut in 2018, and he could see even further limited playing time if Mahrez joins next season.
However, PSG are also interested in signing Mahrez, and whether Chelsea will succeed in signing him remains to be seen.
- Chelsea’s next 5 EPL matches including a home match against Arsenal
- CHE 0-1 NOF: Caicedo’s Performance In Today’s Game Showed Why Chelsea Were Wrong To Sign Him
- Crucial Talks: Juventus Demands €40m for Vlahović in Lukaku Swap, Chelsea’s Decision Lies with Pochettino
- Chelsea’s Transfer Pursuit Intensifies: Michael Olise of Crystal Palace Emerges as Prime Winger Target
- Chelsea’s Pursuit of Tyler Adams can Bolstering the Squad for a Successful Season