Chelsea player ‘in advanced negotiations’ to leave Blues – ‘In a hurry’ to sort out future
As N’Golo Kante’s contract with Chelsea expires at the end of the season, the midfielder apparently doesn’t want to wait too long to sort out his future.
Catalan outlet Sport today writes that as the 31-year-old is ‘in advanced negotiations’ with Barcelona, he’s pressing them to agree a pre-contract in January.
It’s said Kante is ‘in a hurry’ to find a new club after Chelsea. He’s said to have many options on the table, and if Barça don’t take a decision, then he’s set to give other clubs, such as Juventus, a chance.
The reason why the Camp Nou side aren’t agreeing with him yet is because manager Xavi wants Real Sociedad’s Martin Zubimendi for that position.
The problem is that the Spaniard has a €60m release clause, and the board think that may be too big of an investment.
Barça’s directors would rather sign a free agent, and among the many names on their list, Kante is considered to be the best.
He’s said to be the one ‘that generates more consensus between the board of directors, sports area and coaching staff’.
But the Frenchman wants his future sorted quickly, and the fact Sport don’t mention the chance of him staying at Chelsea, it sounds like he’s already taken the decision that he wants to play somewhere else
- Former Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel Becomes the head coach of German Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich
- Chelsea’s Next Five Fixtures Across All Competitions After The International Break
- Kante return, Fernandez and Felix injured – Chelsea best and worst international break scenarios
- Chelsea set to Terminate Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Contract after frowned-upon visit to Barcelona dressing room
- Big Chelsea decision made after board tells £280k-a-week demanding star ‘he is free to leave’