The 18-year-old has already made four first-team appearances this season but those have all come in domestic cup competitions so it will be interesting to see whether he makes his debut in the Champions League tonight.
Supporters on Twitter believe manager Thomas Tuchel must be a big fan of Vale, with there being some debate over whether he should be given a run-out in France:
Vale has been on the bench for two Champions League matches already this campaign, having made the matchday squad for the group game against Malmo and the first leg versus Lille last month, but he didn’t make an appearance in either match.
However, with the Blues already being 2-0 up in the tie, it could be the case that Vale will get some minutes tonight if Chelsea’s progress through to the quarter-finals is all but secure.
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension