Chelsea has reportedly revived their interest in securing the services of the 23-year-old defender, who plays for Sevilla this summer, according to reports.
The West London club was heavily linked with a move for the former Bordeaux defender during the last summer transfer window, as they identified him as a way to bolster their defense.
Kounde, £60m, has been in a good form since joining the La Liga outfits from Bordeaux and has played an integral part in Sevilla’s defense, with his performance reported to have been highly admired by the Chelsea boss, Thomas Tuchel.
Antonio Rudiger, Andreas Christensen, and Cesar Azpilicueta could be leaving Stamford Bridge in the summer, as they are yet to agree on a contract extension with the club, and Kounde has been identified as a perfect defensive reinforcement should they eventually leave for free.
According to the Sun, Chelsea has reignited their interest in signing Jules Kounde, having first seen their offer being rejected during the last summer transfer window.
Kounde has been able to play 27 matches across all competition for Chelsea this season and was directly involved in two goals.
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension