Chelsea co-owner Todd Boehly has met with Jorge Mendes and discussed the possibility of signing Cristiano Ronaldo, according to reports.
The 37-year-old was subject of discussion, with it unclear as to whether a deal can be struck.
Ronaldo netted 18 goals in the Premier League last season as Manchester United missed out on Champions League football.
As reported by David Ornstein of the Athletic, Boehly held a meeting in Portugal last week with the super agent.
Ronaldo still has a year left on his deal at Old Trafford but it is still unclear as to whether Chelsea will want to pursue the opportunity.
Bayern Munich have also spoken about a potential deal for Ronaldo with his agent.
Robert Lewandowski is set to depart the Bundesliga side this summer, with Barcelona looking set to sign the forward.
Thomas Tuchel is keen to bolster his attacking options ahead of the new season, with Romelu Lukaku set to depart on loan to Inter Milan in the coming weeks.
Boehly and co have identified the areas with Tuchel which need strengthening, confirming the defence and attack are being looked at, while the midfield is not a priority, for now.
A senior source told The Telegraph: “The key is to basically work with Tuchel to come up with the best players that are available.
“We really want to make sure we have a good defence. We’ve got depth in midfield. We’re not desperate for an out-and-out striker.
“Fortunately, there’s reasonable opportunities in the market right now in order to satisfy the fans’ desire to be competitive.
“I think it’s a combination of moves and there’s five or six that we’re going to look to make
- Chelsea’s next 5 EPL matches including a home match against Arsenal
- CHE 0-1 NOF: Caicedo’s Performance In Today’s Game Showed Why Chelsea Were Wrong To Sign Him
- Crucial Talks: Juventus Demands €40m for Vlahović in Lukaku Swap, Chelsea’s Decision Lies with Pochettino
- Chelsea’s Transfer Pursuit Intensifies: Michael Olise of Crystal Palace Emerges as Prime Winger Target
- Chelsea’s Pursuit of Tyler Adams can Bolstering the Squad for a Successful Season