Chelsea close to complete transfer for £200k-a-week striker with lawyer set to meet
Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku could be heading for an exit just a year after signing for the Blues, according to reports.
Lukaku re-joined Chelsea from Inter Milan last summer for a transfer fee worth over £97.5m.
However, his dream return to Stamford Bridge has not went as planned after scoring just 15 goals in all competitions during the 2021-22 season as well as involving a controversial interview last December.
In the unauthorized interview with Sky Italia, the Belgian talisman slamed Thomas Tuchel tactics while revealing his intention to return to Inter Milan, where he enjoyed some of the finest form of his career.
Now, according to Sky Sports News, Inter have confirmed their interest in bringing Lukaku back to the club, while the player’s lawyer is due to meet with the Italian giants today to discuss the possible move.
Chelsea will need to replace the 29-year-old should he move to Italy, and Fabrizio Romano mentioned RB Leipzig attacker Christopher Nkunku as a possible replacement.
Nkunku has been in superb form in the Bundesliga in recent times, so could be an upgrade on the struggling Lukaku, who has endured mixed success in his time in the Premier League, having previously also flopped at Manchester United, despite earlier looking a top player in a spell at Everton.c
- Former Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel Becomes the head coach of German Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich
- Chelsea’s Next Five Fixtures Across All Competitions After The International Break
- Kante return, Fernandez and Felix injured – Chelsea best and worst international break scenarios
- Chelsea set to Terminate Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Contract after frowned-upon visit to Barcelona dressing room
- Big Chelsea decision made after board tells £280k-a-week demanding star ‘he is free to leave’