CHELSEA are “convinced” that they will finally seal a deal for Sevilla defender Jules Kounde this summer, according to reports.
The Blues have been chasing the Frenchman since last summer when they had an approach snubbed by the LaLiga side.
Thomas Tuchel’s team are desperate to bolster their defence this summer, with two centre-backs set to leave.
Antonio Rudiger has agreed a free transfer to Real Madrid, while Andreas Christensen is heading to Barcelona.
Chelsea have identified long-term target Kounde as an ideal replacement.
According to Spanish paper ABC Sevilla, Blues chiefs are “convinced” that they can come to an agreement.
Lampard set to ‘RAID’ Chelsea, Blues ‘convinced’ on Jules Kounde deal
The report adds that Chelsea are urging Kounde’s agents to resist approaches from other clubs.
Sevilla held out for their star defender’s release clause, believed to be around £70million, last summer.
But Chelsea believe they can get him for less this time around.
The LaLiga side have qualified for next season’s Champions League, but have already sold Kounde’s centre-back partner Diego Carlos to Aston Villa this summer
- Chelsea’s next 5 EPL matches including a home match against Arsenal
- CHE 0-1 NOF: Caicedo’s Performance In Today’s Game Showed Why Chelsea Were Wrong To Sign Him
- Crucial Talks: Juventus Demands €40m for Vlahović in Lukaku Swap, Chelsea’s Decision Lies with Pochettino
- Chelsea’s Transfer Pursuit Intensifies: Michael Olise of Crystal Palace Emerges as Prime Winger Target
- Chelsea’s Pursuit of Tyler Adams can Bolstering the Squad for a Successful Season