Chelsea: Abramovich has done incredible job, I’ll keep Marina Granovskaia, others – Nick Candy
Chelsea’s potential new owner, Nick Candy, has insisted that Roman Abramovich has done an incredible job at the West London club.
The British billionaire also promised that he would keep the likes of Marina Granovskaia and Bruce Buck at Chelsea if his consortium ends up buying Chelsea from Abramovich.
Recall that the deadline for bids to be made to buy Chelsea passed on Friday night, and Candy’s Blue Football Consortium, backed by cash from Europe, USA, and South Korea, remains in the running to buy the reigning Champions League holders.
Candy, a lifelong Chelsea supporter, faces competition to complete a takeover which will be handled by The Raine Group, who want to finalize a quick sale with the West London club after the British Government’s decision to sanction Abramovich.
“On the pitch and in the transfer market, it is simple – follow the model. It has not failed us and it is done really well,” Candy told The Sun.
“The last 20 years have been brilliant on the pitch. We have played glorious football, won everything, and Roman has done an incredible job with his team.”
He added: “If I got hold of the club, I would not change Bruce Buck and Marina Granovskaia.
“And if they want to stay I would love them to stay. Why change something that is brilliant?
“But I don’t think we should end up like Manchester United where we’ve one rich family that owns Chelsea and there should be a new benchmark of owning football clubs.”
- Former Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel Becomes the head coach of German Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich
- Chelsea’s Next Five Fixtures Across All Competitions After The International Break
- Kante return, Fernandez and Felix injured – Chelsea best and worst international break scenarios
- Chelsea set to Terminate Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Contract after frowned-upon visit to Barcelona dressing room
- Big Chelsea decision made after board tells £280k-a-week demanding star ‘he is free to leave’