Chelsea took on fellow English outfit Arsenal at the Camping World Stadium and it was a frustrating night of football for Tuchel’s men.
Arsenal easily got going in the game and opened the scoring through new signing Gabriel Jesus in the opening 15 minutes of the game. Chelsea’s poor first half performance got worse when Odegaard scored in the 36th minute to give Arsenal a deserved 2-0 lead at the break.
Tuchel certainly had to make changes in the second half but that didn’t make any impact in terms of the result as Arsenal piled more misery on the Blues. Saka sent an effort into the roof of the net past Mendy in the 66th minute before Lokonga scored in injury time as Arsenal thumped Chelsea 4-0 and won the Florida cup.
Although Chelsea played badly in this game, here are a few Chelsea players who impressed despite the 4-0 defeat.
In what was a poor Chelsea performance in the first half, Jorginho did stand out the only Chelsea player who impressed in his natural position. He quite controlled the game and gave some neat passes out of tight positions despite being under pressure.
He was the best of the second half substitutes as he easily beat Arsenal’s press in the way he played. His performance gave less duties for his defenders despite conceding another 2 goals to Arsenal in the second half.
He was the most proactive Chelsea attacker in the game who added more steam to Chelsea’s attack. His performance in the right wing saw him combine well with Mount and Havertz, though couldn’t cap off his good performance with a goal.
- Chelsea’s next 5 EPL matches including a home match against Arsenal
- CHE 0-1 NOF: Caicedo’s Performance In Today’s Game Showed Why Chelsea Were Wrong To Sign Him
- Crucial Talks: Juventus Demands €40m for Vlahović in Lukaku Swap, Chelsea’s Decision Lies with Pochettino
- Chelsea’s Transfer Pursuit Intensifies: Michael Olise of Crystal Palace Emerges as Prime Winger Target
- Chelsea’s Pursuit of Tyler Adams can Bolstering the Squad for a Successful Season