Chelsea suffered their second Premier League loss of the season after 1-0 defeat by Nottingham Forest at Stamford Bridge. Steve Cooper’s side broke the deadlock three minutes after the break when the in-form Taiwo Awoniyi played in Anthony Elanga, who slotted the ball into the bottom corner.
Chelsea dominated possession but created few chances against Steve Cooper’s side who only needed one counter attack to win 1-0 on Saturday. Elanga slid home an excellent finish from the edge of the box to beat Robert Sanchez, with Cole Palmer thrown on minutes later for a Chelsea debut when Mauricio Pochettino chased the game. Nicolas Jackson squandered the Blues’s only real chance late on, with a grandstand finish never materialising. This article will focus on why Caicedo’s Performance today showed why Chelsea were wrong to sign him. Take a look!
Caicedo was at fault for the goal
Caicedo joined the Blues from Brighton for a British-record transfer fee of £115 million earlier this summer, with the 21-year-old snubbing Premier League rivals Liverpool in the process. However, it hasn’t exactly been plain sailing since his arrival after he gave away a penalty against West Ham last weekend, just minutes after coming off the bench. And the Ecuador international was at fault once more against Nottingham Forest, playing a wayward pass into the path of Taiwo Awoniyi, who set new signing Elanga through on goal. Caicedo stumbled and gave the ball away early in the second half, with former Manchester United forward Anthony Elanga taking full advantage as he ran through and rolled the ball coolly into the bottom corner. His performance today showed why Chelsea were wrong to sign him.
- Chelsea’s next 5 EPL matches including a home match against Arsenal
- CHE 0-1 NOF: Caicedo’s Performance In Today’s Game Showed Why Chelsea Were Wrong To Sign Him
- Crucial Talks: Juventus Demands €40m for Vlahović in Lukaku Swap, Chelsea’s Decision Lies with Pochettino
- Chelsea’s Transfer Pursuit Intensifies: Michael Olise of Crystal Palace Emerges as Prime Winger Target
- Chelsea’s Pursuit of Tyler Adams can Bolstering the Squad for a Successful Season