There was a welcome sight at Cobham this morning as Ben Chilwell stepped up his recovery from long-term injury by taking part in Chelsea team training.
The England international suffered a knee injury in November’s Champions League win over Juventus at Stamford Bridge and has not played for Thomas Tuchel’s side since.
It came at an extremely unfortunate time for the defender, with Chilwell starting the season in fine form, scoring in three consecutive matches throughout October.
The left wing-back has been training with some of Chelsea’s youth teams throughout the last couple of weeks, and has now taken the next step in his rehabilitation by returning to sessions with the senior side.
The Chelsea men’s squad welcomed Ben Chilwell back to full training today after recovering from his cruciate ligament injury, which the England international sustained back in November 2021.
The Blues have two Premier League games at home against Leicester City and Watford to finish the season, with Champions League qualification now secured after Arsenal’s defeat at Newcastle United.
Chilwell was joined by team-mates Christian Pulisic, Jorginho, Marcos Alonso and Hakim Ziyech, as well as his compatriots Reece James, Mason Mount and Ruben Loftus-Cheek.
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension