Callum Hudson-Odoi plan confirmed after Chelsea make recall decision on winger’s loan spell
Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi will see out the season at Bayer Leverkusen after his loan recall clause expired.
The news was confirmed by Bayer sporting director Simon Rolfes, who praised the young winger as “very important” to the Bundesliga club for the remainder of the campaign.
“We assumed that Callum would stay, but now we also have the certainty that he will stay with us,” Rolfes told Bild.
“We’re happy about that, because he’s a very important player for us.”
Hudson-Odoi, 22, has featured 15 times for Leverkusen since the loan switch late in the summer transfer window, scoring once.
Graham Potter could have chosen to recall the academy product with Chelsea seeking January reinforcements, particularly in attack after Armando Broja’s injury.
Joao Felix and Youssoufa Moukoko have been identified as targets while David Fofana will complete a move from Molde should he complete personal terms negotiations after an £8.6million fee was agreed.
- Former Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel Becomes the head coach of German Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich
- Chelsea’s Next Five Fixtures Across All Competitions After The International Break
- Kante return, Fernandez and Felix injured – Chelsea best and worst international break scenarios
- Chelsea set to Terminate Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Contract after frowned-upon visit to Barcelona dressing room
- Big Chelsea decision made after board tells £280k-a-week demanding star ‘he is free to leave’