SEVILLA defender Jules Kounde has reportedly agreed a five-year deal with Premier League side Chelsea.
The Blues were heavily linked with the Frenchman last summer but their bid failed to force Sevilla’s hand into selling.
Kounde was said to be left fuming with his club for denying him a move to the then European champions.
The 23-year-old may finally get his move away from Sevilla this summer, with a number of top clubs eyeing a move.
According to Sport, Kounde has agreed a five-year deal with Chelsea but a fee with Sevilla is yet to be struck.
Barcelona are also believed to be in the hunt for the defender.
Chelsea PL fixtures CONFIRMED, club ‘make Sterling, Dembele transfer targets’
Xavi and Co believe a fee of £51.6million is feasible, but Sevilla are hoping to collect closer to £56m.
In order to beat Chelsea to Kounde’s signature, Barca would have to convince the player to accept half of what Thomas Tuchel’s side are offering.
Barca can’t offer the same wage as the Prem side who are reportedly ready to make him one of the highest paid players at Stamford Bridge – a risky move that could lead to possible unrest within the squad.
Kounde caused concern during the international break after an old pelvic problem flared up
Sevilla are privately fuming that Kounde opted to play for France against Croatia in the Nations League, while carrying the knock and risking the deal.
The defender underwent surgery on Tuesday.
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension