Ousmane Dembele could be the first signing of the Todd Boehly era at Chelsea with the club ‘quietly confident’ of beating Paris Saint-Germain to the out-of-contract Barcelona winger this summer
- Chelsea reportedly fancy their chances of signing Ousmane Dembele on a free
- Dembele, 25, is set to leave Barcelona upon the expiry of his contract in July
- Paris Saint-Germain appeared in the driving seat to snap him up this summer
- But reports suggest the Blues are now confident of beating them to the signing
Chelsea are ‘quietly confident’ of beating Paris Saint-Germain to the signing of Ousmane Dembele this summer, according to reports
Dembele, 25, is set to leave Barcelona upon the expiry of his contract in July, with the two parties still struggling to reach an agreement over an extension.
The France winger will therefore be available to sign on a free transfer when his deal runs out, and it was PSG who initially appeared in the driving seat to snap him up.
Parc des Princes chiefs are understood to have identified him as a top target this summer, however uncertainty over sporting director Leonardo’s future has thrown the move into doubt.
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension