BREAKING: Chelsea to Finalise Jules Kounde Transfer as soon as Todd Boehly’s Takeover is Complete
Chelsea are set to finalise the transfer of Sevilla defender Jules Kounde as soon as Todd Boehly completes his takeover of the club, according to Nizaar Kinsella of GOAL.
Chelsea and Sevilla want to complete the deal as early as possible so they can sign a replacement for Kounde. GOAL has learned that terms of the contract for Kounde to Chelsea have been agreed, the only thing left is to close the agreement with Sevilla, a price of around €70m is mentioned in order for Sevilla to balance accounts.
Jules Kounde has agreed to join Chelsea this summer, Sevilla need to do a deal before June 30th. Chelsea have also looked at Presnel Kimpembe, Josko Gvardiol, Jose Giminez, Declan Rice, Aurelien Tchouameni and Marc Cucurella ahead of the window.
There is an understanding around the club that Todd Boehly is ambitious and wants to keep competing for titles. Chelsea could sign attackers, but that only depends on player sales.
Kounde has been a long term target for Chelsea, with the clubs coming close to agreeing a fee last summer only for Sevilla to move the goalposts and demand his full release clause of £68m ( €80m ) right at the last moment.
Sevilla have advised Chelsea to get the deal done as soon as possible so they can sign a replacement defender. A certain % of the Kounde sale will go to his old french club Bordeaux.
Kounde is thought to be a replacement for Andreas Christensen / Azpilicueta, he a versatile young defender who can play CB and RB and has been linked with many top clubs but it seems Chelsea have been doing the most background work over the last few months and the deal should be finally completed once the takeover situation is finalised.
- Former Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel Becomes the head coach of German Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich
- Chelsea’s Next Five Fixtures Across All Competitions After The International Break
- Kante return, Fernandez and Felix injured – Chelsea best and worst international break scenarios
- Chelsea set to Terminate Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Contract after frowned-upon visit to Barcelona dressing room
- Big Chelsea decision made after board tells £280k-a-week demanding star ‘he is free to leave’