BREAKING: Chelsea Fans Banned From UEFA Champions League Home Games
In a post-game interview, Sky Sports reporter Gary Cotterill confirmed the story that Chelsea will have to play their remaining UCL matches behind closed doors as he asked Tuchel to comment on the news.
After being told this after Chelsea’s win in Lille, Tuchel replied: “Thanks for ruining my evening. I was in such a good mood. Can we speak about it when it is confirmed?”
“It is confirmed,” Cotterill hit back, to which Tuchel said: “So let’s wait for the confirmation of the confirmation.
“Let’s see. Today I am happy that we are in the last eight.”
A UEFA statement on Tuesday read, as reported by football.london: “UEFA is fully committed to always implementing relevant EU and international sanctions.
“Our understanding is that the present case is assessed in the context of the license issued in the UK which allows Chelsea FC to continue minimum football activity whilst providing a safeguard that no financial gain will result for Mr Abramovich.
“We will work with the EU and relevant member states to ensure we have full clarity and remain in lockstep with all relevant and applicable measures in line with latest developments.”
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension