CHELSEA have agreed a free transfer for Ivan Perisic, according to reports.
It is said the Croatian winger only needs to complete his medical and sign the contract before he will become a Blues player.
According to Sports Mediaset in Italy, the deal is all in place between the player and his new club and ready to be completed.
Perisic, 33, becomes a free agent at the end of the season when his Inter Milan contract expires.
He has failed to arrange an extension at the San Siro.
The World Cup finalist reportedly wanted a new three-year deal worth just shy of £100,000 per week.
But Inter – who may also lose Lautaro Martinez – were only willing to offer a two-year deal at £65,000 per week.
An angered Perisic hit out at club chiefs for failing to sort the new deal earlier.
Speaking on Wednesday after scoring twice in extra-time to win Inter the Coppa Italia, his 47th club appearance of the season, he said: “I don’t know anything yet.
“With important players, you don’t wait to the last minute. You ought to know that too.”
Chelsea must wait until the takeover is all done before they are able to sign any players – new or existing – down to fresh deals.
Todd Boehly looks on course to become the new owner before the end of May after the paperwork was signed for his consortium’s £4.25billion successful bid.
However, Chelsea have already lost Antonio Rudiger to Real Madrid while trio Andreas Christensen, Cesar Azpilicueta and Marcos Alonso are expected to join Barcelona
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension