50-goal Chelsea target again announces “I WANT TO LEAVE’ – Blues ready £600.000-a-week offer
Chelsea and Barcelona target Robert Lewandowski has reiterated his desire to leave Bayern Munich this summer.
After scoring 50 goals last season and helping the club to their tenth consecutive Bundesliga title – Lewandowski stunned the world by announcing that he wants to leave Bayern this summer transfer window
Bayern are exploring replacement options as they plan for life without the Polish star – but any hope that they could keep him for one more season seems to be disappearing after the striker has again been clear he wants to go elsewhere.
Barcelona is his dream destination – but there is still rumours that Chelsea may be able to get a transfer deal done if the Spaniards cannot offer Lewandowksi the kind of deal that he desires
“I just want to leave Bayern. Loyalty and respect are more important than the work. The best thing to do is find a solution together,” he told Sport Onet.
“They didn’t want to listen to me until the end. Something died inside me – and it’s impossible to get over that. Even if you want to be professional, you can’t make up for it. No other offers were even considered by me other than that of Barcelona.
“I want to leave Bayern, that’s clear.
“During so many years at the club I was always ready, available, despite injuries and the pain, I gave my best.
“I think the best thing to do is to find a good solution for both sides. And not to look for a one-sided decision.
“I’m not looking for a unilateral solution, that makes no sense, not after so much time, after such a successful era and with my will and support.”
The whole world is waiting to see if Bayern let him leave or keep him at the club for another year and then let him go
There are not too many strikers that would be ready to replace the great man – but we would love to see him in the Premier League
- Former Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel Becomes the head coach of German Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich
- Chelsea’s Next Five Fixtures Across All Competitions After The International Break
- Kante return, Fernandez and Felix injured – Chelsea best and worst international break scenarios
- Chelsea set to Terminate Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Contract after frowned-upon visit to Barcelona dressing room
- Big Chelsea decision made after board tells £280k-a-week demanding star ‘he is free to leave’