The knockout stage of this season’s Champions League will commence today, out the 32 football clubs that participated in the competition at the beginning of the season, 16 clubs have been eliminated, the remaining 16 teams will play against each other until one club eventually emerge as the winner.
Recall that Chelsea football club won the Uefa Champions League last season, i believe they stand a good chance of retaining the trophy this season, check out the reasons why i’m tipping Chelsea to win the Champions League this season.
1. THEIR PLAYERS ARE EXPERIENCED IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Chelsea retained all the key players that won the Championships League for them last season, the players have experienced what it takes to play and win the competition, this is an advantage for them. The Real Madrid team that won the Championships League for three consecutive seasons was made up of the same set of players, the players at Chelsea can also replicate that great feat because they are used to playing with each other.
Pictures Credit: Instagram page of Chelsea
2. THEY WILL BE MOTIVATED AFTER WINNING THE CLUB WORLD CUP
Chelsea won the Club World Cup on Saturday, they participated in the competition because they are the Champions of Europe, this will serve as a motivation to all their players, they will want to win the Champions League again because it will offer them the opportunity of participating in Uefa Super Cup and Fifa Club World Cup.
Pictures Credit: Instagram page of Fifa
Do you agree that Chelsea can win the Champions League again this season? Tell us your opinion in the comment section below
- Chelsea Unveils New Jersey Sponsor For The 2023/2024 Season
- Christopher Nkunku, Cole Palmer and Romeo Lavia send Chelsea star message upon return from knock
- Mauricio Pochettino breaks silence on Reece James after Chelsea star charged by the FA
- Just IN: Chelsea announce £40m Infinite Athlete shirt sponsorship deal
- Starting Lineup Of Chelsea Players That Are Currently Unavailable Due To Injury Or Suspension