2 Players Thomas Tuchel Should Start On Saturday Against Middlesbrough.
Chelsea scraped a 2-1 win against Lille in the second leg of their Champions League round of 16 last night, but their comfortable 2-0 win in the first leg has helped secure the quarterfinals for the Blues.
Chelsea has now won five games in a row since the loss against Liverpool in the final EFL cup. Thomas Tuchel has done a very pretty job with the players and the club despite being sanctioned by the UK Parliament.
Meanwhile, Thomas Tuchel should hand these two players a starting spot against Middlesbrough in the FA Cup on Saturday for their wonderful performance last night in the Champions League against Ligue 1 side, Lille.
Chelsea went 1-0 down in the 38th minute after Burak Yilmaz gave the Lille the lead from the spot, but Pulisic came to his team’s rescue just before halftime with a nice curler to equalize for his team. It was his second goal of the tie.
He was solid till he was replaced in the 74th minute by Lukaku. I think Tuchel will start him against Middlesborough on Saturday hence the replacement because he was solid throughout the game.
Azpilicueta put on a captain’s performance yesterday night to secure a vital win for his team.
The Spaniard scored the winning goal for the visitors in the 71st minute as he forces himself to the ball to land it at the opponent’s back of the net.
Cèsar’s overall performance was mind-blowing as his statistics speak for him. He won 100% tackles, made 96% pass accuracy, 47 successful passes, 6(2) ground duels won, 4(1) aerial duels won, and the winning goal for his team.
It will be a very tough decision for Tuchel to make because of Reece James’ current form but I think Azpilicueta should be given another shot and James will make an impact from the bench on Saturday if needed.
- Former Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel Becomes the head coach of German Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich
- Chelsea’s Next Five Fixtures Across All Competitions After The International Break
- Kante return, Fernandez and Felix injured – Chelsea best and worst international break scenarios
- Chelsea set to Terminate Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Contract after frowned-upon visit to Barcelona dressing room
- Big Chelsea decision made after board tells £280k-a-week demanding star ‘he is free to leave’